Name: Andrew Behnke
Birthday: October 14, 1992
Hometown: Fond du Lac, WI
Boat: Bass Cat Eyra w/ 250 Pro XS
All I've known my entire life is fishing. I spent most of my younger days on or around the water and that has not changed! My first experiences in competitive fishing are much the same, I grew up around some of the most well-known and respected people in the industry and was very fortunate to have traveled all over the country to some of the biggest events and meet some amazing people. Many of them I am still friends with to this day!
My first taste of competitive fishing came far away from my home in Wisconsin. It was in Ocean Isle, North Carolina for the Jolly Mon Junior Tournament. This was a saltwater tournament for people under the age of 18, I was 12 at the time, and my mom's friend had kids who were competing, and I was invited to compete in the event as well. In my first tournament I ever fished, I finished in second place and was beat out by the last boat to weigh in! Talk about lighting the fire to win! I competed in saltwater events with friends from Southeastern Florida of The Preferred Marine Fishing Team in years after that and was a part of a winning event in Jacksonville, Florida called The Greater Jacksonville King Mackerel VIP Tournament. After that event, all I wanted to do was compete in fishing tournaments.
I am always looking to push myself and make myself a better angler. To me, that means fishing against the best anglers that I can on some of the biggest stages. The amount of preparation and effort that I put into the events I am fishing does not change, no matter how big or how small. I try to do everything I can to put myself on top of the leaderboard. More time researching bodies of water, more time preparing my equipment, more hours on the water. Whatever I feel like I must do, I will do it. I love to compete, and I love to win! Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't but the passion and desire never fade.
Part of being prepared to win is taking care of your equipment and that is exactly what Rock Tamer's Mudflap System does for me. It keeps my boat clean and rock chip free as I am traveling from lake to lake. And they look awesome too!
- 39th, 2020 FLW Phoenix Bass Fishing League Regional Championship, Table Rock Lake, October 2020
- 2020 FLW Phoenix Bass Fishing League Regional Championship Qualifier
- 17th, FLW Phoenix Bass Fishing League, Great Lakes Division, Mississippi River Pools 7,8,9, July 2020
- 10th, U.S. Anglers Choice Northern Wisconsin Division, Green Lake, August 2020
- 18th, Bass Cat Owners Invitational, Lewis Smith Lake, March 2020
- 6th, U.S. Anglers Choice Northern Wisconsin Division, Green Lake, August 2016
- 32nd, FLW Bass Fishing League Great Lakes Division, Mississippi River Pools 7,8,9, July 2016
- 3rd, FLW Bass Fishing League Great Lakes Division, Wolf River Chain, June 2015
- 3rd, Oshkosh Bassmasters Club Open, Wolf River Chain, May 2014
- 1st, Oshkosh Bassmasters Club Open, Wolf River Chain, May 2011
- FLW Phoenix Bass Fishing League
- U.S. Angler's Choice
- WISCO Bass
- NABC Sturgeon Bay Open